Sunday, October 27, 2013

White Chicken Chili


I hate cold weather, and I don't like all the leaves falling. However, something about this time of year just screams soup to me. Soup, stew, chili, it's all warm, and makes me feel like I should be under a blanket enjoying a good movie and feeling all cozy while eating! 

Without further ado...here is a white chicken chili recipe I got from a friend this week. She threw it together super quick, and it is GOOD! You can tweak it to whatever your tastes are, if you want it more soupy add more water or milk...if you want it thicker add a bit of flour. Season it the way you like, but always remember add a little at a time because you can always add more but you can't take it out!

Here's what you need...
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 can of white northern beans
1 can of chicken broth
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 pound of chicken breast or tenderloins
Tortilla chips
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream
White Chicken Chili seasoning 

1) Boil chicken and when done, shred it with a fork.
2) In a large pot put the shredded chicken and the seasoning packet of white chicken chili. I also added butter and let this simmer for about 5 minutes
3) Add the tomatoes,beans, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and corn.
4) Taste this as you go, I added some about 1/4 cup of milk, a few sprinkles of flour with my hand, pepper, a little bit of salt, dash of onion powder and a dash of Cajun seasoning. 
5) Simmer for about 20 minutes on low.

When you pour your bowl, crumble tortilla chips on top with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream! This stuff is good. Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment