Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini & Sausage! (YUMMMMM!)

Courtesy of some Pinterest Pinner :)
I will be the first to admit my faults, well, I actually only have one-I can't cook that well. I mean, there are some things I cook well, like I have told y'all before...spaghetti, lasagna, sloppy joes, macaroni and cheese, the basics...I can do very well.

I've really mastered those, and I make them repetitively. My husband gets sick of spaghetti, though. My daughter...she would eat it every night, but when I say spaghetti is for dinner and my husband has this look on his face with a sarcastic "yay" sound, I know its time to whip something new up.


I have gone to Pinterest before for recipes, and some of them were just down right "what were the people thinking when they thought up this recipe" kind of awful! Oh well, you cook and you learn, right? Right! This particular recipe on Pinterest claims to be the best crock pot recipe EVER. I looked over the simple ingredients and decided I'd give it a whirl.

I am so glad I tried this recipe, and it was a hit with myself, my hubby, and my daughter (which is excellent because she is a hard to please with food kinda girl). I now have a new recipe to add to my book, and I can now pass this onto all of you as a tried and true awesome recipe from Pinterest.

Heres what you'll need to get started...

  • Crockpot (Obviously, and if you don't have one go invest in one. You'll be happy you did.)
  • 1 can of diced italian tomatoes
  • 1 box of chicken broth
  • 1 box of cream cheese
  • 1 box of frozen spinach
  • 1 bag of frozen cheese toertellini
  • 1 pound of sausage (I used Hot Tennessee Pride sausage, and it was soooo good)



*Brown Your Sausage...* (above)

*Then...Throw it all in the crockpot on low for 5 hours, or on High for 2-3 hours*(below)


I ate my bowl way to fast to snap a photo of the finished product, but it resembled the first picture I took from Pinterest. We actually used hot sausage, but you could use normal sausage, or even ground turkey, or ground beef. maybe even shredded chicken! Change it up, and make it your own however you like it. We also topped it off with some Kraft shaker parmesan cheese. :)

Follow me on Pinterest to see all of my pinned recipes. 

Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment