Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lee Kum Kee Review






Have you heard of Lee Kum Kee? I have never heard of it until now to be honest, but I am so glad the company approached me to do this review and introduced me to their products! 

The company sent me over some ready made sauces to try out with my family. I really am short on time during the week with all the extra curricular activities we have going on, so a quick meal is necessary. I like to be able to give my family their protein, starch, and vegetable at dinner...not just throw some junk together. (Sometimes junk does get thrown together, though!) I was super excited when I got these sauces in the mail because after reading the packages, these are the perfect go-to to complete a fast and healthy meal.


We first tried out Lee Kum Kee's Broccoli and Beef sauce package. There was a suggested recipe on the back that included flank steak, broccoli, and noodles or rice. We actually used Annie Chun's Chow Mein Classic Chinese noodles to go with this. Here's some photos and our recipe.

What You'll Need

Fajita steak strips
Chinese Noodles
Flour
Onion
Lee Kum Kee Broccoli Beef Sauce
Bag of Frozen Broccoli

Boil water and cook noodles as package states. 
While noodles are cooking sauté your chopped onion in butter. 
Cut up steak and dip in flour and throw in skillet with onions.
Steam broccoli

Once noodles and steak and broccoli are all done, combine in a large bowl or large skillet. Pour sauce over the mixture per your taste. The package says to use the entire bag, but the package is very flavorful and a little goes a long ways. 


My little girl is the pickiest eater on the planet and she even gives this quick dinner a thumbs up! Thank you so much to Lee Kum Kee and Annie Chuns for allowing us to try these products in our home! 

When looking in my local Kroger store, I didn't find Lee Kum Kee in my normal Chinese/Japanese section, but instead I found their products in the organic section of the store. There are no preservatives and no MSG, so that may explain why. Here are some links I highly encourage you to check out. "Like" our friends Lee Kum Kee and Annie Chun's on Facebook. Follow them on Twitter & Pinterest also! :) Thanks for reading our review.









No comments:

Post a Comment